Mount Costa is the outdoor living room everybody dreams to have. With its collection of 24 gardens inspired by the world’s best gardens, Mount Costa is one of the newest attractions near the city of Baguio. It has wide open spaces where families and groups of friends can come and enjoy mother nature.
This 6-hectare garden provides tons of fun as you go along the trails and discover the flower and art-filled gardens.
Tucked in Upper Lamtang, Puguis, La Trinidad, Benguet, Mount Costa has received hundreds of visitors from all over the world since its opening on February 4, 2017. If you love strolling in Burnham Park, you’ll definitely love this serene place.
Just imagine all the greeneries you get to enjoy this place. And the best part? There are parts where a literal outdoor living room is installed in the gardens. Here, you’ll get the best views of the area. And just like any living room, there’s a center table, a long couch, and two smaller couches.
What to See and Do
Probably, the highlight of the place is the mirror garden. Featuring a lot of mirrors, you are sure to have lots of fun here.
Adult and Children’s Garden Space
Good thing when we went here, there were only a few visitors so nobody saw me trying on the swings and the slides. I was like a kid in a candy store. Now, I can attest that the installed playground is pretty sturdy. Hehe.
Outdoor Musical Garden
If you like to make noise, there’s the music garden where you can play with installed instruments. It’s pretty fun.
Yup. There’s a dining area inside Mount Costa. You can buy some snacks and rice meals, too.
In the dining area, what I love most about this are the living room styled area.
And the many many many other gardens
Here is the full list of gardens in Mount Costa.
- Inca Garden
- Bud Garden
- Concentric Garden
- Enchanted Garden
- Formal Garden
- Outdoor Musical Garden
- Koru Garden
- Reflection Pond
- Toddler’s Play Space
- Adult and Children’s Garden Space
- Celestial Garden
- Mini Bowl
- Outdoor Lounging
- Spectrum Garden
- Zen Garden
- Twig Art
- Romeo and Juliet
- Mirror Garden
- Land Art
- Maze Garden
- The Grid
- Al Fresco Dining Area
- Chill Area
Now, check these photos out.
In order to get into Mount Costa, you have to buy a ticket. Ticket price (entrance fee) is as follows.
- Adults – P350.00
- Students – P250.00
- Senior Citizens and PWDS – P250.00
- Children ( below 3 years old) – Free
Note: To avail of the student discount, you have to show your ID.
(Prices may change without prior notice.)
- Now, if you want to rent the green living room, just pay P1,000.00 (good for 8 hours).
- Prenuptial Shoots – P5,000.00 (good for 4 hours).
How To Get There
Type Mount Costa The Green Living Room in Waze.
Ride a taxi and ask the driver to bring you to Mount Costa.
From Baguio City:
Ride a ‘long trip’ jeep at the Shagem St. jeep terminal. It’s just across the Rose Garden in Burnham Park.
Ask the driver to drop you off at Lamtang Irisan Cockpit.
Afterwards, ride another jeep heading to Puguis Junction. Ask the driver to drop you off at Mount Costa.
From La Trinidad:
Ride a jeep heading to Puguis, or Wangal then drop off at Puguis Elementary School.
From here, ride the Lamtang Pico jeep and get off at Mount Costa.
You can contact Mount Costa via:
- Their website: https://www.mountcosta.com/contact-us
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mountcosta/
- Phone: 0977 409 7004
Tips and Reminders
- Mount Costa is open seven days a week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- There are two trails for you to choose from. You can either start at the Blue Trail or the Yellow Trail. The Blue Trail is more on art-filled gardens while the Yellow Trail is more on plants.
- Buy your ticket online at https://www.mountcosta.com/ and get a 5% discount.
- Properly dispose of your trash.
- You can bring your pets. Mount Costa allows pets.
- Read the place’s policies: https://www.mountcosta.com/garden-policies.
- When you’re commuting back to the city, you can either ride the jeep or get a taxi. However, there are only a few jeepneys and taxis that pass through here. You can ask Mount Costa to contact a taxi for you. But fare is at a fixed rate of P350.00.
Johanes is a digital nomad and a web content writer who loves to go on spontaneous travels. She likes to go camp under the stars and play with her dog and cats.