Taking on the World, One Adventure at a TimeHi, I’m Johanes Bangao, the founder of Wanderera and a self-proclaimed cat lady! Wanderera is your one-stop blog for simple camping and travel tips and guides.
Wanderera is a word I thought of having the same meaning as “Lakwatsera” (Wanderer). I added the letter ‘a’ at the end to ‘tagalize’ it and give it a bit of a feminine oomph. I created Wanderera as a sort of a journal and a guide.
- A journal, to document my adventures, misadventures and bucket lists
- A guide, to help others plan their travels
Travel Highlight Reel
How I Became a Full-Time Traveller
Who Am I?
I am currently 23. I’m a budget traveler which explains my interest in camping but once in a while I try to spoil myself. I am currently new to blogging, but starting one has always been a dream. You could say that Wanderera is my dream.
How did I start traveling?
I fell in love with traveling from the first time my friends and I hiked and set camp in Mt Yangbew during my college years. Following that event were even more travels around Luzon and outside the country. Since then, traveling and camping has been a part of who I am.
Some Facts About Me
Who Am I?
- I finished Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSECE), passed the board exam and worked as a Process Engineer for a year and 2 months when I realized that working a 9-5 job is not for me. I resigned and am now a writer.
- I love cats and am a self proclaimed cat lady! I had 5 cats when I was in college. My camera is full of cats from different places.
- I love taking photos of landscapes more than people. Haha. You might have noticed that in my photos especially if you’re following Wanderera on Instagram.
- I like blue pens more than black ones.
- I have a love-hate relationship with jeans. So for now, I’m more of a ‘tokong’ kind of girl. I prefer comfort more than fashion.
- The top 5 countries I want to visit are Japan, Australia, Iceland, New Zealand, and Switzerland.
- I was born and raised in Benguet. I’m a full-blooded Igorot. Woooooo!
- I love love love dream catchers. On my wedding, I’m planning on using dreamcatchers to decorate.
- I used to draw. Now, I’m too lazy.
- I was once in a band. I played the bass guitar and dreamt of starting a rock band. Now, I just want to go traveeeel!
- My favorite YouTuber is Sorelle Amore. She’s just amazing and fabulous!
- I think butterflies are scary. They look scary up close especially when you lose the wings.
- I love cakes and sweets.
- My favorite color is blue&green. Not blue. Not green. Also not blue-green. I just love looking at blue and green together in one photo. Again, you can notice this on my Instagram.
- I love sunny days!
- A lot of people mistake me for a boy because of my name. Plus, my name is pronounced as Jo-ha-nes. Not Yohanes, Yohains, or Johains.
Check out my recent adventures to help you start yours.
Imagine swimming in fresh flowing spring water surrounded by lush green trees. This is what Bato Springs Resort has to offer. Tucked in the city of San Pablo, Laguna, it is frequently visited by weekend warriors in search of a relaxing environment. For our friend's...
When I think of hiking, Mt Pulag is the first thing that comes to mind. Mt Pulag is widely known for being the third highest mountain the Philippines and the highest in Luzon. It is famous for having a view of a sea of clouds. Having it on my bucket list, my friends...
If I didn't have work on a Monday, I would've stayed for a week in Masasa Beach. With the crystal clear water, impressive rock formations, almost white sand, and great snorkeling sites, a period of two days is just not enough to explore all of what the Masasa beach...
Just a few hours away from the city of Cebu, Malapascua island is every beach lover and diver’s dream destination. It’s stunning beaches and world renown diving sites will make you want to stay here forever. With its unspoiled beauty and friendly locals, you will fall...
So without further ado, here are the five reasons why you should also check out La Veryol’s in Tagaytay. I’ve always been curious about Tagaytay. People say that it’s the second coldest city in the Philippines. Having lived in the first coldest city in the country,...
When booking online, you will notice that there are to ways to book the JoyBus Premiere Class. You can either book via Pinoy Travel or I Want Seats. We'll take a look at each one in this article. So without further ado, here's your guide. JoyBus Premiere Class: How To...