Taking on the World, One Adventure at a Time
Hi, I’m Johanes Bangao, the founder of Wanderera and a self-proclaimed cat lady! Wanderera is your one-stop blog for simple camping and travel tips and guides.
Wanderera is a word I thought of having the same meaning as “Lakwatsera” (Wanderer). I added the letter ‘a’ at the end to ‘tagalize’ it and give it a bit of a feminine oomph. I created Wanderera as a sort of a journal and a guide.
- A journal, to document my adventures, misadventures and bucket lists
- A guide, to help others plan their travels
Travel Highlight Reel
How I Became a Full-Time Traveller
Who Am I?
I am currently 23. I’m a budget traveler which explains my interest in camping but once in a while I try to spoil myself. I am currently new to blogging, but starting one has always been a dream. You could say that Wanderera is my dream.
How did I start traveling?
I fell in love with traveling from the first time my friends and I hiked and set camp in Mt Yangbew during my college years. Following that event were even more travels around Luzon and outside the country. Since then, traveling and camping has been a part of who I am.
Some Facts About Me
Who Am I?
- I finished Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSECE), passed the board exam and worked as a Process Engineer for a year and 2 months when I realized that working a 9-5 job is not for me. I resigned and am now a writer.
- I love cats and am a self proclaimed cat lady! I had 5 cats when I was in college. My camera is full of cats from different places.
- I love taking photos of landscapes more than people. Haha. You might have noticed that in my photos especially if you’re following Wanderera on Instagram.
- I like blue pens more than black ones.
- I have a love-hate relationship with jeans. So for now, I’m more of a ‘tokong’ kind of girl. I prefer comfort more than fashion.
- The top 5 countries I want to visit are Japan, Australia, Iceland, New Zealand, and Switzerland.
- I was born and raised in Benguet. I’m a full-blooded Igorot. Woooooo!
- I love love love dream catchers. On my wedding, I’m planning on using dreamcatchers to decorate.
- I used to draw. Now, I’m too lazy.
- I was once in a band. I played the bass guitar and dreamt of starting a rock band. Now, I just want to go traveeeel!
- My favorite YouTuber is Sorelle Amore. She’s just amazing and fabulous!
- I think butterflies are scary. They look scary up close especially when you lose the wings.
- I love cakes and sweets.
- My favorite color is blue&green. Not blue. Not green. Also not blue-green. I just love looking at blue and green together in one photo. Again, you can notice this on my Instagram.
- I love sunny days!
- A lot of people mistake me for a boy because of my name. Plus, my name is pronounced as Jo-ha-nes. Not Yohanes, Yohains, or Johains.
Check out my recent adventures to help you start yours.
Since we (me, sister, sister's friend, sister's friend's sister) were planning on going to Laoag after our Palaui Island trip, I tried looking for an affordable transient house that's good for four people and found Laoag Transient House. The rooms looked pretty cute....
Tagaytay is one of the coolest cities in the Philippines, second only to Baguio City. With its cool air and the perfect view of the Taal Lake, it's no wonder a lot of tourists come to visit the place. Throughout the years, a lot of high rise buildings and grand hotels...
Ever wondered what it would be like to live on a farm and relax with all the greeneries surrounding you? Now you can at No Limits KFB Farm Resort in Batangas. No Limits KFB Farm Resort https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLFlruNpoQ As a camper and traveler, I've been...
Alarms all set and a hope for a bright day tomorrow during our Palaui island tour, we all slept tight with excitement and anticipation the night before we were bound to go to Anguib Beach. As part of our Palaui island tour, we included Anguib Beach in our second-day...
Looking for a venue for your team building or family reunion? Check out La Romana Countryside Haven in Tarlac. Located in Tarlac, La Romana Countryside Haven is a resort that can cater to any event. Be it a wedding, a debut, a group outing or a family staycation. Our...
With its abundance of hundred-year-old trees, centuries-old lighthouse and beaches, Palaui Island has been turned into a paradise for those who want to experience the raw beauty of the Philippines. Upon arriving in the island, the first thing that you will notice is...