Travel Highlight Reel
How I Became a Full-Time Traveler
Who Am I?
I am a 20 something budget traveler. This explains my interest in camping but once in a while I try to spoil myself.
How did I start traveling?
I fell in love with traveling from the first time my friends and I hiked and set camp in Mt Yangbew during my college years. Following that event were even more travels around Luzon and outside the country. Since then, traveling and camping has been a part of who I am.
Some Facts About Me
Who Am I?
- I finished Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSECE), passed the board exam and worked as a Process Engineer for a year and 2 months when I realized that working a 9-5 job is not for me. I resigned and am now a content writer.
- I love cats and am a self proclaimed cat lady! I had 5 cats when I was in college. My camera is full of cats from different places. (I love dogs, too. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll see my babies. :D)
- I love taking photos of landscapes more than people. Haha. You might have noticed that in my photos especially if you’re following Wanderera on Instagram.
- I like blue pens more than black ones. They look neater.
- I have a love-hate relationship with jeans. So for now, I’m more of a ‘tokong’ kind of girl. I prefer comfort more than fashion.
- The top 5 countries I want to visit are Japan, Australia, Iceland, New Zealand, and Switzerland.
- I was born and raised in Benguet. I’m a full-blooded Igorot. Woooooo!
- I have a crazy obsession with dream catchers.
- I used to draw. Now, I’m too lazy.
- I was once in a band. I played the bass guitar and dreamt of starting a rock band. Now, I just want to go traveeeel!
- My favorite YouTuber is Sorelle Amore. She’s just amazing and fabulous!
- I think butterflies are scary. They look scary up close especially when they lose the wings.
- I love cakes and sweets.
- My favorite color is blue&green. Not blue. Not green. Also not blue-green. I just love looking at blue and green together in one photo.
- I love sunny days!
- A lot of people mistake me for a boy because of my name. Plus, my name is pronounced as Jo-ha-nes. Not Yohanes, Yohains, or Johains.
Check out my recent adventures to help you start yours.
Standing tall and proud in the Heritage Town of Taal is the Casa Regalo de Boda or Wedding Gift House. The house was given as a gift by Eulalio Villavicencio to his soon to be wife Gliceria Marella. Wedding Gift House During our travel in Taal, Batangas, this house...
When I first heard of the Taal Heritage Town, I thought it was about the volcano. Little did I know, Taal has the largest Catholic church in Asia, rows of ancestral homes, and rich history. Traveling here feels like a trip back in time especially when you hear the...
Famous for being an ideal place for beach camping, Manuel Uy Beach Resort offers an excellent place for those who want to rough it out. Located in the humble town of Calatagan, Batangas, Manuel Uy is a small paradise for the weekend. Manuel Uy Beach Resort Upon...
I've never thought I would find a place in Cebu that I'd love to call a second home. With its blue and white colors and spectacular views, Kandugyap House By The Sea has stolen a piece of my heart. So let me share a bit about this house. Kandugyap is a local term that...
If there was a word to describe the view on top of Mt Kalugong, it would be ‘stunning'. Above the Valley, you'll be able to see the wide strawberry farms, thousands of pine trees, a sneak peek of Baguio, and the humble town of La Trinidad, Benguet. ‘Kalugong' is a...
One of the pleasures of hiking is sleeping after a long and tiring day on the trail. Nothing beats the warm feeling of snuggling inside a cozy and comfortable sleeping bag. The weather in the mountains can become unpredictable. It can drop from a normal to a freezing...