Whenever I go home to Baguio, I always ride the cheapest Victory Liner bus which takes me 6-7 hours to reach the city. It’s a bit of a stressful ride especially when the holidays come in and you sit in the middle aisle.
When I was still in Manila during our board exam review days, I once had the chance to ride the deluxe JoyBus of Genesis bus not because I wanted to but because it was the only bus available. The trip from Manila to Baguio only took 5 hours. Not only was it fast but it was comfortable and convenient. Impressive, huh?
JoyBus Premiere Class
Now, what if I tell you there’s a better bus to Baguio than the deluxe Genesis bus? This 2018, the Genesis Transport has launched their JoyBus Premiere Class Bus which will only take you 4 hours to reach the city of Pines!
When I heard about the new JoyBus Premiere Class of Genesis bus, I just had to try and experience it firsthand.
True enough, when I stepped inside the bus, it was different than most buses. For starters, it’s almost like you’re in a first-class seat of an airline.
With Joybus Premiere Class Genesis bus, you get to enjoy:
- More spacious legroom compared to the deluxe buses
- An entertainment system for playing games, reading news/ebooks, watching movies or listening to music (with a USB Port where you can charge your mobile phones)
- Warm Blanket
- Comfort Room
- Tray Tables like the ones in the airplane (Plus a cup holder)
- FREE Biscuit and Bottled Water
- Bus Attendant
Terminals, Schedules & Fares
Here’s the schedule for Joybus in Baguio, Pasay, and Cubao.
For Pasay Terminal
Genesis Bus Fare: P760
Genesis Bus Terminal: The bus terminal entrance is fronting Metropoint Mall in Pasay Rotonda and is right at the back of Sogo Hotel, McDonalds and Chowking outlets. You can refer to the photo below.
Genesis Bus Schedule: 3:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM
The ones with a 760 pesos ticket price are the Joybus Premiere Class schedules. As such the Pasay to Baguio schedules is at 3:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM. While the Baguio to Pasay trips is at 6:00 AM, 3:00 PM and 9:00 PM. The photo was taken from Pasay station.
Note: The Joybus from Pasay will stop in Cubao to pick up passengers.
For Cubao Terminal
Bus From Cubao To Baguio Fare: P740
Bus From Cubao To Baguio Terminal: The bus to Baguio from Cubao station is near the Baliwag transit in Cubao. You can refer to the photo.
Bus From Cubao To Baguio Schedule: 4:30 am, 12:00 pm, 4:00 pm
On the other hand, you can clearly see the schedule for the Joybus Premiere Class bus to Baguio from Cubao in the photo below.
For Baguio Terminal
Baguio to Manila Bus Fare: P740 (For Cubao) and P760 (For Pasay)
Baguio to Manila Bus Terminal: The bus station is in Gov Pack Rd. Just below SM.
Baguio to Manila Bus Schedule: 4:00 am, 6:00 am, 3:00 pm, 8:00 pm, 9:00 pm, 10:00 pm
How To Book Online: Genesis Online Booking
- The bus doesn’t have any stopovers from Cubao to Baguio. So bring lots of food if you get hungry a lot since the free biscuit doesn’t really do an excellent job at satiating your hunger.
- The entertainment system placed behind the seats only have a few games, movies and music.
- Currently, the bus route is from Pasay to Baguio City with a stopover in Cubao. They don’t have a NAIA3 to Baguio route. They only have a NAIA3 to Clark route.
- When choosing a seat, you can either take the right side where you won’t have any seatmate or the left side which is perfect if you have a friend with you.
And that’s it! Try the JoyBus Premiere Class for your next Baguio trip and travel with luxury and try the Joy Bus booking for a hassle-free ride.
In case you’re looking for a Genesis online booking for the bus Manila to Baler bus, you can ride the Joybus Deluxe and do a Joy Bus booking from both I Want Seats and Pinoy Travel websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
I get a lot of questions about the JoyBus Premiere bus so I decided to put it all here. Hopefully, these will also answer your questions.
Do we have to reserve a ticket online or is a walk-in possible?
Walk-ins are allowed. But if you’re traveling on a holiday or a long weekend, it’s best to reserve your tickets online. I made the mistake of not booking a ticket ahead and I had to wait in line for hours!
Are there any NAIA to Baguio buses from JoyBus?
No there’s none. There’s only a Baguio to NAIA 3 route for JoyBus. The JoyBus parked at NAIA3 is only going to Clark and not Baguio. If you are on a budget and don’t want to spend a lot on taxi, you can take the shuttle bus at Terminal 3 going to MRT Pasay. Fare is at 20 pesos. The last bus stop is the terminal of JoyBus in Pasay. If you’re having a hard time locating the bus, just ask the guards. (Thanks Vince for sharing this info!)
When can we claim our tickets?
You can claim the tickets 1 to 2 hours before the departure time.
Is there any senior or student discount when booking online?
According to Genesis Transport, “To avail of the 20% discount, Senior Citizens, PWDs and Students must show their respective IDs. For students, please make sure that the school is within this current school year and you’re not taking Master’s or Doctorate degree. You will be needing to book first as a regular passenger then we’ll have the 20% discount refunded by the time you exchange the travel voucher for a boarding pass.”
How can I book online?
Here’s a step by step guide: JoyBus Premiere Class: How To Book The Genesis Bus Online
How long is the bus ride?
It’s usually 4 to 6 hours. But if your trip is from Cubao to Baguio scheduled at night, it’s 4 hours. If it’s from Pasay, you can expect a longer time since the bus still stops over at Cubao terminal.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact Genesis Transport on Facebook messenger. They usually reply within a day.
- Telephone Nos.: (02)332-8034 / (02)421-1425 (Available only from Monday to Fridays from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GenesisTransportInc
Where to Stay in Baguio
Have you already booked your accommodation in Baguio? If not, here are some that you can book:
- Noel’s First Floor – Check Availability
- Small House – Baguio – Check Availability
- Koinonia Retreat Center – Check Availability
- Lyn’s Do Drop Inn Transient House – Check Availability
- 3BU Hostel – Check Availability
- Ms. Olive’s Homestay – Check Availability
- Austrianne Residences – Check Availability
- Davimar House – Check Availability
- French Nest at Baguio- Megatower Residences – Check Availability
- G1Lodge – Check Availability
- The Forest Lodge at Camp John Hay – Check Availability
- Sunset View Ridge Residences – Check Availability
- Grand Sierra Pines Baguio – Check Availability
- Skyland Garden Hotel and Resort – Check Availability
- Luxurious Baguio Log Cabin – Check Availability
- Outlook Ridge Residences N-206 – Check Availability
- Kamiseta Hotel – Check Availability
- The Manor at Camp John Hay – Check Availability
Here are also some I’d recommend booking:
If you’re planning on booking via Airbnb. Here’s a P1600 ($30) discount on your first booking when you sign up on Airbnb via this link.
Liked the article? PIN me.
- Baguio Travel Guide 2019 (According To A Local)
- Where to Camp Near and Around Baguio For Less Than 250 Pesos
- 15 Free Things To Do in Baguio City
- Weekend Getaways Near Baguio Under 500 Pesos
- The Country Place Baguio: An Unforgettable Baguio Staycation
- Baguio City: Sunset View Ridge Residences Review
- Top 14 Baguio Accommodation: Pretty Places To Book
- Where to Stay in Baguio under P1,000
Johanes is a digital nomad and a web content writer who loves to go on spontaneous travels. She also likes to go camp under the stars and play with her dog and cats.