Whenever I go home to Baguio, I always ride the cheapest Victory Liner bus which takes me 6-7 hours to reach the city. It’s a bit of a stressful ride especially when the holidays come in and you sit in the middle aisle.
When I was still in Manila during our board exam review days, I once had the chance to ride a deluxe JoyBus not because I wanted to but because it was the only bus available. The trip from Manila to Baguio only took 5 hours. Not only was it fast but it was comfortable and convenient. Impressive, huh?
JoyBus Premiere Class
Now, what if I tell you there’s a better bus to Baguio than the deluxe buses? This 2018, the Genesis Transport has launched their JoyBus Premiere Class Bus which will only take you 4 hours to reach the city of Pines!
When I heard about the new JoyBus Premiere Class, I just had to try and experience it firsthand.
True enough, when I stepped inside the bus, it was different than most buses. For starters, it’s almost like you’re in a first-class seat of an airline.
With Joybus Premiere Class, you get to enjoy:
- More spacious legroom compared to the deluxe buses
- An entertainment system for playing games, reading news/ebooks, watching movies or listening to music (with a USB Port where you can charge your mobile phones)
- Warm Blanket
- Comfort Room
- Tray Tables like the ones in the airplane (Plus a cup holder)
- FREE Biscuit and Bottled Water
- Bus Attendant
Terminals, Schedules & Fares
Here’s the schedule for Joybus in Baguio, Pasay, and Cubao.
For Pasay Terminal
Terminal: The bus terminal entrance is fronting Metropoint Mall in Pasay Rotonda and is right at the back of Sogo Hotel, McDonalds and Chowking outlets. You can refer to the photo below.
Schedule: 3:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM
The ones with a 760 pesos ticket price are the Joybus Premiere Class schedules. As such the Pasay to Baguio schedules is at 3:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM. While the Baguio to Pasay trips is at 6:00 AM, 3:00 PM and 9:00 PM. The photo was taken from Pasay station.
Note: The Joybus from Pasay will stop in Cubao to pick up passengers.
For Cubao Terminal
Terminal: The bus station is near the Baliwag transit in Cubao. You can refer to the photo.
Schedule: 4:30 am, 12:00 pm, 4:00 pm
On the other hand, you can clearly see the schedule for the Joybus Premiere Class in Cubao in the photo below.
For Baguio Terminal
Fare: P740 (For Cubao) and P760 (For Pasay)
Terminal: The bus station is in Gov Pack Rd. Just below SM.
Schedule: 4:00 am, 6:00 am, 3:00 pm, 8:00 pm, 9:00 pm, 10:00 pm
How To Book Online: Genesis Online Booking
- The bus doesn’t have any stopovers from Cubao to Baguio. So bring lots of food if you get hungry a lot since the free biscuit doesn’t really do an excellent job at satiating your hunger.
- The entertainment system placed behind the seats only have a few games, movies and music.
- Currently, the bus route is from NAIA Terminal 3 to Baguio City with a few stopovers in Pasay and Cubao.
- When choosing a seat, you can either take the right side where you won’t have any seatmate or the left side which is perfect if you have a friend with you.
And that’s it! Try the JoyBus Premiere Class for your next Baguio trip and travel with luxury and try the Joy Bus booking for a hassle free ride.
In case you’re looking for a Genesis online booking for the Manila to Baler bus, you can ride the Joybus Deluxe and do a Joy Bus booking from both I Want Seats and Pinoy Travel websites.