One of the most epic waterfalls in Cebu that you shouldn’t miss is Inambakan falls in Ginatilan.
It easily became our second favorite Cebu waterfall (top one is Dao falls) with its wide pool making it seem like a natural swimming pool!
With a height of 100 meters, Inambakan Falls is the second-highest waterfall in Cebu! Planning to check it out? Use this guide to plan your trip!
- 1 How to Get to Inambakan Falls
- 2 Fees
- 3 What to Expect
- 4 Where to Stay in Cebu
- 5 Responsible Travel Tips
- 6 What to Pack for Cebu
- 7 Our Camera Gear
- 8 You might also like….
- 9 Philippines Travel Guides
How to Get to Inambakan Falls
Travel Tip: Check schedules and availability of your buses, ferries, taxis, or flights to book online with 12Go Asia.
Inambakan Falls is 4 to 5 hours away from Cebu City and an hour away from Moalboal. If you’re coming from Cebu city, just ride a bus heading to Bato via Barili route at the South Cebu Bus Terminal.
Tell the bus conductor that you’re dropping off at Ginatilan town proper.
We rented a vehicle for our waterfall chasing trip. But if you can drive a motorcycle, you can rent one and drive to Ginatilan, Cebu.
Travel Tip: There are no helmets provided when you rent a motorcycle so be sure to have travel insurance just in case something happens.
Once you reach Ginatilan, look for the road signs pointing you to Inambakan Falls. When in doubt, you can just ask the locals.
The drive all the way to the ticketing office is quite scenic! So take your time and enjoy the ride.
Inambakan Falls is just 3 to 5 minutes’ walk away from the road. To enter, you’ll need to have a guide.
The guides don’t have exact rates, it’s up to you how much you want to pay them.
Related Article: 7 Can’t-miss Cebu Waterfalls to Visit
Here’s a map to Inambakan falls to help you plan your trip.
- Entrance Fee: P50 (1 USD) per head
- Parking Fee: P50 (1 USD) for vehicles and P10 (0.1 USD)
- Guide Fee: No fixed rate, it’s up to you how much you’ll pay.
What to Expect
Unbelievable blue waters
I don’t how it’s possible but almost every waterfall we saw in Cebu including Inambakan waterfalls were blue in color. It looks so inviting that you’ll want to just dive in and swim!
You can cliff jump
Love to do cliff jumping?
You can go cliff jumping here. However, know that there are restricted areas. Just ask your guide which spots are good for cliff jumping.
There are 5 levels
The waterfall has a total of 5 levels! Crazy, I know.
But during our trip, we only visited the two of the five. The first one is the Inambakan falls and the second is Bugnawan falls. Bugnawan is just above Inambakan falls and only a 2-minute walk away.
Where to Stay in Cebu
When planning your trip to Cebu, it’s best that you book months before your travel date. This is to ensure that you have a place to sleep the night in. Here are some that I’d recommend for you to book.
- RedDoorz Plus near Mango Avenue Cebu – Check Price and Availability
- Pillows Hotel Cebu – Check Price and Availability
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin – Check Price and Availability
- Escario Central Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Grazie’s Studio Apartment – Check Price and Availability
- Murals Mactan – Check Price and Availability
- Liquid Soul Dive Hostel – Check Price and Availability
- Taro Hometel – Check Price and Availability
- Little Norway Guesthouse – Check Price and Availability
- Acrige Apartelle – Check Price and Availability
- Zhamira Avior’s Condominium – Check Price and Availability
- Beyond Island – Check Price and Availability
- Cebu R Hotel – Mabolo – Check Price and Availability
- One Central Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Mandarin Plaza Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Harolds Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Alpa City Suites Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Allure Hotel & Suites – Check Price and Availability
- Zerenity Hotel and Suites – Check Price and Availability
- Summit Galleria Cebu – Check Price and Availability
- St. Mark Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Cebu Hotel Plus – Check Price and Availability
- Carl‘s Island Inn – Check Price and Availability
- Kota Beach Resort – Check Price and Availability
- Kandugyap House By The Sea – Check Price and Availability
- Carolina del Mar – Check Price and Availability
- AJ Family Vacation Home – Check Price and Availability
- Soderberg – Check Price and Availability
- Ocean Safari Suites – Check Price and Availability
- Bai Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Seda Ayala Center Cebu – Check Price and Availability
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Hotel – Check Price and Availability
- Red Planet Cebu – Check Price and Availability
- Golden Prince Hotel & Suites – Check Price and Availability
- Bayfront Hotel Cebu – Check Price and Availability
- Quest Hotel and Conference Center Cebu – Check Price and Availability
- Diamond Suites & Residences – Check Price and Availability
- Tongo Hill Cottages – Check Price and Availability
- Ravenala Beach Bungalows – Check Price and Availability
- Oceanfront Paradise Resort – Check Price and Availability
- Pearl of Santa Fe – Check Price and Availability
Aside from hotels and resorts, you can also opt to stay at an Airbnb.
Responsible Travel Tips
When traveling to one place, make sure you practice responsible tourism. Here are some tips to do so.
1. Respect the environment
Don’t litter. Please hold onto your trash until you find a garbage can.
2. Avoid single-use plastic
Bring your eco bag and refuse single-use plastic.
3. Shop local
Keep the traditional crafts alive and support local artisans. Buy from them. And try not to haggle, P20 may seem small to you but it can mean a lot to them.
4. Always ask permission
Be sure to ask for permission first when taking photos or videos especially when it comes to children
What to Pack for Cebu
- Eco-friendly Reusable Water Bottle
- Light Rain Jacket (especially from June to November)
- T-shirts, a nice top, and a long-sleeved shirt
- Aqua Shoes
- Day Bag
- Power Adapter
- Universal Waterproof Phone Case
- Packing Cubes
- Microfiber Towel
- Travel Insurance
- Money Belt
- sneakers, hiking shoes (if you’re planning to hike) and some flats
- reusable straw and reusable bag (no to single-use plastic!)
Related Article: The Only Travel Packing List You’ll Ever Need (Trust Me)
Our Camera Gear
- Mirrorless Camera: Fujifilm XT3
- Lenses: Fujifilm Fujinon kit lens (18-55mm) | Fujinon 35mm f2 | Fujinon 50mm f2
- Drone: DJI Mavic Pro 2
- GoPro: GoPro Hero Black 7
- Power Bank: Romoss Powerbank
- Camera Backpack: Case Logic Camera and Laptop Backpack
- Monopod: Ifootage Cobra 2 a180
- Mic: Rode VideoMicro
- Gimbal: Zhiyun Weebill-S
You might also like….
- Cambais Falls 2021 Travel Guide: Alegria, Cebu
- Binalayan Falls 2021 Travel Guide: Samboan, Cebu
- 7 Can’t-miss Cebu Waterfalls to Visit
- Moalboal Island Hopping Travel Guide: A Snorkeling Paradise
- Osmena Peak Sunrise Hike: 2021 Travel Guide
- Mactan Island Hopping: 2021 Travel Guide
Philippines Travel Guides
Backpacking around the Philippines? Don’t miss these travel guides!
BATAD RICE TERRACES: Batad Rice Terraces and Tappiya Falls: First Timer’s Budget Travel Guide