Piso Fare. Yes. You read that right! Airlines in the Philippines often have sales with one peso base fare.
With these sales, I was able to book a roundtrip to Hong Kong for 2 back in 2016 for only P3,600+ from Cebu Pacific and a roundtrip to Tacloban for 2 for only P700+ from Air Asia
Pretty great, huh?
It’s the best! Traveling doesn’t have to be expensive if you know how to look for travel deals and sales.
In this article, I’ll be sharing how I was able to book a piso fare and how you can, too!
I’ll be updating this post once in a while to share any upcoming piso fares so make sure you subscribe to the blog (see sidebar for subscription form).
Frequently Asked Questions
Okay, let’s start with the frequently asked questions on piso fares.
What is a piso fare?
Piso fares are often offered by airlines like Cebu Pacific and Air Asia in the Philippines. Of course, the one peso amount is just a base fare. If you want to book a trip to certain international and domestic destinations, piso fare is one of your best choice.
What is a base fare?
Base fares are the cost of the seat without the terminal fees, government taxes and other surcharges included. This is why you shouldn’t be shocked to see that your total booking’s price is not one peso. No. The piso fare is the base fare so you still have to add all the other fees when paying.
Where can I book a piso fare?
Piso fares are often offered by airlines in the Philippines such as Air Asia, and Cebu Pacific. I heard Philippine Airlines used to have one but they rarely do nowadays. You can only book a piso fare directly from the website of an airline.
How can I book a piso fare?
- Go to the website of the airline. Often, Cebu Pacific is the one offering a piso fare. So go to cebupacificair.com to book from the website or download the application and book there.
- Enter your details on the search box. Choose your destination and origin, as well as the dates of travel. Then click the “Find Flights” button.
- Choose your flights. Check other dates for availability if the price is too high for you. You can search for lower fares. However, do note that promos like piso fares are limited and there are thousands of people trying to book.
- Choose your add-ons. If you want to add meals, choose seats or baggage allowance to your flights, you may do so. If not, that’s fine as well.
- Enter your details. Input every passenger’s birth dates, full names, and nationality. Then click on continue.
- Review your booking details if they are correct.
- If all is good, pay for your booking via PayPal, credit card, debit card, AliPay or payment center. (Sometimes, the Payment Center is not an option.)
What do I need to prepare for the sale?
- List down the destinations you want to go to, your target dates and preferred time of flight. Not all airline destinations will be available during the sale. By having your list, you can easily choose your destinations and not waste time.
- Don’t book in bulk. If there’s 10 of you, at least 5 should be online during the sale. You’ll have a hard time looking for a piso fare deal if you put 10 people for the number of passengers. Each one should book. After all, piso fares are only for a limited number of seats. Good luck on finding a promo that can accommodate that much number.
- Make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection! Having a slow connection will make matters worse.
- Sign up for an account/membership. Cebu Pacific and Air Asia have their membership programs which has its own perks and rewards. With an account, you can save your time and effort. Plus, some members get early notifications or access to sales and promos.
- Always have a PLAN B. If your dates and destinations aren’t available, have an alternative date and destination ready. This way, you can book faster and easier.
- List your companion’s personal details such as the birth date, and personal full name.
- Be patient! If you want to book a piso fare, you have to be patient. Sometimes, websites crash or your connection slows down.
What to Expect
Here’s what you should expect from the piso fare.
- First things first, piso fares are not always available unlike what most people think. They are only offered on a limited time and often get sold out fast.
- Expect that you’ll have a hard time booking. Yes, that’s right. Because of the website traffic, it will take some time until you can book a ticket. You might even encounter an error. Plus, airline websites often slow down during a sale because of the amount of traffic it is getting.
Read Also: 8 Tips On How to Book Cheap Flights
The next tips I’m going to give you are very crucial if you want to book a piso fare to your dream destination.
- First Tip: Follow the social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) of the airlines. I usually just follow them on Facebook. Make sure you click on “See First” (refer to photo below) when following so you’ll easily see any posts from these airlines on your timeline.
- Second Tip: Subscribe to their emails or newsletters. How? Go to the airline’s website and look for the “Subscribe” form. Input the needed details. Doing this will ensure that you get emails whenever the airlines offer sales or travel deals including piso fares. However, from my experience, I often get their emails late so tip number one is a must.
- Third Tip: Once you learn about an upcoming sale, put it on your phone as a reminder. If the sale is on June 3, be online on June 2 at 11:55 PM. Sales start at midnight and the website’s servers often get tons of visitors so there’s a high chance that you won’t find any piso fare if you wait until June 3 at 9:00 AM to book. The sale is on a first come, first served basis.
- Fourth Tip: Be fast. Each customer only has a limited time to book so what you are looking at might be gone in just a few seconds.
You might also like…
- The Best Travel Apps To Help You Travel Better
- 8 Tips On How to Book Cheap Flights
- Where to Get Discounts For Your Travels (Plus Sales & Travel Deals)
- How To Make Money Online To Fund Your Travels
- How To Travel On A Budget: Tips and Hacks To Save Money