Birdland Beach Club is one of a kind. If I had enough money, I would’ve booked a whole week and maybe even more. From the moment I saw the Birdland sign, I’ve fallen in love with how laid back the place is. Almost everything is either made of wood or bamboo.
As we entered the resort, the owner, Michael greeted us and asked to see our reservation. I searched my phone for the confirmation email and gave it to him.
After confirming our booking, he asked the staff to prepare the Beach Front hut. Everyone is so friendly. Someone gave us free welcome drinks and cold towels to help us cool down. I must admit. It was a very hot day.
We booked the accommodation that’s nearest to the beach – a hut that was built right on the beach overlooking the waters. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to wake up to the sound of the waves beneath me and get a front seat view of the ocean.
Do you have travel insurance? This is something you should have but wish you never want to use. Accidents can happen anytime and having travel insurance can save you a lot of money in case something goes wrong during your travels! Never travel without one. Get a free quote here.
Birdland Beach Club
Birdland Beach Club is what I would’ve wanted my resort to look like if I ever built one. However, I don’t think I would be able to pull off something this beautiful and majestic. Kudos to Michael for creating a paradise like this one.
Despite not having a wide beach like the nearby beach, Patar, the overall design of the place is one of a kind, and that’s what makes the resort worth it.
Around the place were birdhouses, three to four stories high huts, corals, hammocks, goats, and a fantastic view of the sea. Our hut has its own electric socket, hammock, and fan.
That night, I’ve never slept so soundly. The place just makes you forget where you are. The sea waves will lull you to sleep, and the singing birds will wake you up to the most beautiful scenery.
Aside from the Beach Front hut, you can also book a typical Bamboo House, Bolifugao Tower, Cabana or Room. They often give discounts for bookings on their website. When you book, don’t be like me and reserve at least two nights. I promise you won’t regret it.
They have a lot! And I’m not exaggerating here, they really do.
- Chill in the middle of the ocean with the Floating Bamboo House.
- Check out the birdhouses.
- Use their grey Balsa – I heard it’s better than paddle boarding.
- Swim and float with their black inner tubes.
- Attend the annual West Philippine Sea Jazz and Blues Festival held every month of March
- Go on a staring contest with the goats – yes I did this. Of course, I won.
- Swing under a tree.
- View the sunset.
- Snorkel and dive to see the giant clams – They provide all the snorkeling gears.
- Try the original Filipino paddleboard (balsa).
- Rent a bike, a motorbike or a bamboo tricycle and tour around Bolinao.
- Get pulled by a bangka while riding a donut boat.
- Eat your very own harvested sea urchins.
- Play golf!
- Go fishing.
- Tour the Hundred Islands or the Salaki Island.
- Get a massage.
- Create birdhouses.
- Get a facial.
- and more!
Birdland Beach Club has a menu full of flavors from all over the world, and if you have a cuisine in mind, you can ask them to cook it for you. Michael’s wife, Joanna is a chef.
I have to warn you though, the food here can be expensive so be prepared. You’ll want to try all of their dishes! With me and my boyfriend’s appetite, one food serving was not enough to satiate us.
They now have a pool!
How To Get There
Use Waze. It will help bring you there. Wink.
Travel Tip: Check schedules and availability of buses to Pangasinan to book online with 12Go Asia.
Ride a bus heading to Bolinao. You can find the Victory Liner or Five Star Bus in Pasay and Cubao.
- Fare: 460~470 pesos
- Travel Time: 6 to 7 hours
Upon arriving in Bolinao, ride a tricycle. Ask the driver to bring you to Birdland.
- Fare: 80 pesos
- Travel Time: 5 to 10 minutes
You can choose to ride the Partas bus or Victory Liner.
- Fare: 306 pesos
- Travel Time: 5 to 6 hours
Hire a tricycle to bring you to the resort.
- Fare: 80 pesos
- Travel Time: 5 to 10 minutes
READ: Manuel Uy: Beach Camping
Things to Note
- You can only bring in bottled water and snacks for food. The resort has a 1000 pesos corkage.
- They let you borrow goggles and life jackets for free, so you don’t have to worry about these.
- VAT and service charge is not included in the prices. Expect to pay an additional 12% tax and 10% service charge upon checkout.
- Pets are welcome here! Bring your dogs along.
Resort Details / Contacts
- Address: Long Beach Street, Bolinao, Philippines
- Mobile: 63 977 830 9810 or 63 917 791 9643
- Facebook: Like and Follow
Where To Book
Have was your experience at Birdland Beach Club? I would love to hear from you!
Responsible Travel Tips
When traveling to one place, make sure you practice responsible tourism. Here are some tips to do so.
1. Respect the environment
Don’t litter. Please hold onto your trash until you find a garbage can.
2. Avoid single-use plastic
Bring your eco bag and refuse single-use plastic.
3. Shop local
Keep the traditional crafts alive and support local artisans. Buy from them. And try not to haggle, P20 may seem small to you but it can mean a lot to them.
4. Always ask permission
Be sure to ask for permission first when taking photos or videos especially when it comes to children
What to Pack for Birdland Beach Club
- Eco-friendly Reusable Water Bottle
- Light Rain Jacket (especially from June to November)
- T-shirts, a nice top, and a long-sleeved shirt
- Aqua Shoes
- Day Bag
- Power Adapter
- Universal Waterproof Phone Case
- Packing Cubes
- Microfiber Towel
- Travel Insurance
- Money Belt
- sneakers, and some flats
- reusable straw and reusable bag (no to single-use plastic!)
Related Article: The Only Travel Packing List You’ll Ever Need (Trust Me)
Our Camera Gear
- Mirrorless Camera: Fujifilm XT3
- Lenses: Fujifilm Fujinon kit lens (18-55mm) | Fujinon 35mm f2 | Fujinon 50mm f2
- Drone: DJI Mavic Pro 2
- GoPro: GoPro Hero Black 7
- Power Bank: Romoss Powerbank
- Camera Backpack: Case Logic Camera and Laptop Backpack
- Monopod: Ifootage Cobra 2 a180
- Mic: Rode VideoMicro
- Gimbal: Zhiyun Weebill-S
You might also like…
- Weekend Getaways Near Manila : 28 Affordable Places To Visit
- Where to Camp: 8 of the Best Pangasinan Beach Campsites
- Camping in the Hundred Islands : Everything You Need To Know
- 16 Things To Do in Bolinao That You Shouldn’t Miss
- 32 La Union Tourist Spots: What To Do In La Union