Crocodile Island: No, There Are No Crocodiles
Makes you wonder what’s there, huh?
And to answer your unvoiced questions, nope, there are no crocodiles on the island.
It was named as such because it’s shaped like a crocodile.
From afar, you can already see the shape of the Crocodile Island. There are no trees on the island. So if you’re planning on going there, be sure to use a lot of sunblock.
What makes the place unique is its rock formations. When you take a closer look at rocks, they look like little rock puzzles that match each other. Quite interesting if you ask me.
The view from the top of the rocks is pretty great, too. You can see the crystal turquoise waters inviting you to swim.
I highly recommend that you include this island in your Palaui trip. It’s just around 20 minutes away from Punta Verde.
2 hours – P500
6 hours – P800
However, I highly recommend that you take advantage of its proximity to the Palaui Island. For a higher price, you can visit the gems of Cagayan Valley.
How To Get There
- From Manila, you can either ride a bus or a plane going to Tuguegarao.
- Once you reach Tuguegarao, ride a van heading to Sta Ana. Cagayan.
- Here, you’ll have to ride a tricycle to go to the San Vicente Port. Then, get a boat going to Crocodile Island.
Tips and Reminders
- There are no trees on the island so be sure to bring a hat or an umbrella.
- There are islands and beaches that you can visit aside from the Crocodile Island. You can opt to include:
-Cape Engano Lighthouse
-and many more!
- It is best to contact a boatman before going because there will be a lot of boatmen by the port when you get there. I highly recommend Kuya Apol. He has three boats and you can contact him at Globe – 09557444175.
- Please bring your trash with you. When we went to Crocodile Island, there was a lot of garbage scattered around the island.
- Use sturdy slippers or shoes, there are a lot of sharp rocks around the area.
Johanes is a digital nomad and a web content writer who loves to go on spontaneous travels. She also likes to go camp under the stars and play with her dog and cats.