As a budget traveler, one of the things that take up much of my travel budget is accommodation. Because of this, I try to look for a great but affordable place whenever I go traveling. For our Malapascua trip, I chose Romantic Place Guesthouse for its price.
The reviews I found were pretty nice too. I booked the Budget Double Room and got the room for 1260 pesos for 2 nights.
Upon arrival, Ryk and I were given the Batman room. I loved the name!
Our room was just behind the pool which was great. The room was nice. It had a fan and a private bathroom. The bed was big enough for the two of us. Overall, the room was okay for its price.
Here’s a summary of the features of the room we booked form Romantic Place Guest House.
- Free toiletries
- Private Bathroom
- Entire unit wheelchair accessible
- Clothes rack
There’s also FREE wifi but it’s not that strong.
Amenities and Features
You can order food from the front desk. But the prices were a bit expensive and the food was not that yummy.
The place has two pools. But during our stay – 3 days and 2 nights. I’ve never seen the place change the water so Ryk and I were a bit unsure of swimming. In the end, I was the only one who swam.
From the beach to this place, you have to walk for 5 minutes. During your first time, you have to remember the right way since the way there can get a bit confusing. There are a lot of twists and turns you have to do.
Nearby Places to Buy Food From
If you’re going to stay here, I suggest you buy food outside. There’s a nearby store that sells chicken. It’s just a small place. No tables whatsoever, so you have to deal with takeout.
Make sure to buy early since it often sells out fast. The seller is an elderly woman with a great smile. You’ll find her place easily.
If you’re a vegetarian, you can buy from the neighboring Villa Sandra.
It’s a great place to be if you’re on a budget. You just have to walk to and from the beach.
You can book the Romantic Place Guesthouse from booking.com.
You might also like…
- Oslob Cebu 2020 Travel Guide & Top Things To Do
- Bantayan Island, Cebu: 2020 Ultimate Travel Guide
- 7 Things To Do In Moalboal Cebu That You Can’t Miss
- 10 Epic Things To Do In Mactan, Cebu
- 7 Can’t-miss Cebu Waterfalls to Visit
Philippines Travel Guides
Backpacking around the Philippines? Don’t miss these travel guides!
- BORACAY: A First-Timer’s Guide to Boracay Philippines
- CEBU: 30 Crazy Fun Things To Do In Cebu, Philippines
- SIQUIJOR: 10 Unforgettable Things To Do In Siquijor
- DUMAGUETE: 26 Can’t Miss Things To Do In Dumaguete: 2020 Ultimate Travel Guide
- MANILA: 16 Things To Do In Manila That You Shouldn’t Miss
- LA UNION: 32 La Union Tourist Spots: What To Do In La Union
- BAGUIO: Baguio Travel Guide 2019 (According To A Local)
- VIGAN: 13 Vigan Tourist Spots That You Shouldn’t Miss
- APO ISLAND: Apo Island 2020 Travel Guide: Snorkeling in Turtle Paradise
- PALAUI: Palaui Island 2020 Budget Travel Guide (Sta Ana, Cagayan)
- DAVAO: 10 Epic Things To Do In Davao That You Shouldn’t Miss
- SAGADA: 10 Top 2020 Sagada Travel Tips (From A Local)