I love booking unique and beautiful Airbnbs that are full of personality. From Happy Soul Santorini Villa in La Bella Tagaytay to the Birdland Beach Club in Pangasinan, I’ve been always on the lookout for any unique and quirky accommodation.
Good thing I found French Inspired Chalet de la Memoire before we went to Tagaytay for a staycation experience. During our 4-day trip to Tagaytay, I booked this place for our last night. Needless to say, it was much better than I expected.
French Inspired Chalet de la Memoire
Every corner is well-decorated. Each piece complements one another to offer a beautiful masterpiece – the entire room itself. Truly, the Airnb is French inspired. After staying at Le Coq Bleu, a French-owned Airbnb in Baguio, I can remember the owner telling us how much the French love keeping their homes beautiful. It’s an effortless elegance which is what you’ll get with the French Inspired Chalet de la Memoire.
Located at the Tagaytay Prime Residences, you’ll easily reach this place from Olivarez. It’s in the same building as the Nordic Homes Tagaytay. Whether you want to cook inside the unit or eat at nearby restaurants, there’s no problem. There are a lot of cafes and restaurants for you to choose from. If you choose to cook, there’s a supermarket just 5 minutes walk away and a 711 store 2 minutes walk away.
Amenities and Features
Here’s what you can expect when you book the Airbnb.
- Complimentary wine!
- Instant coffee (plus cubes of sugar)
- Bottled waters
- Organic shampoo, soap and lotion
- Dental kit
- Toilet roll tissue
- Super comfy Queen sized bed with a single pullout bed
- Luxurious bed linens
- Single Sofa bed
- Extra pillows
- Clean linens
- Extra Blankets
- Reading materials
INTERESTING AND KEY FEATURES
- Free WiFi (high speed)
- PLDT Landline (local area access)
- Big Screen TV
- Air conditioning with remote control
- Dinner Table good for 4
- Bench with cushion
- Game boards
- 2-door cabinet
- One separate toilet with bidet
- One separate shower room with water heater
- Personal refrigerator
- Microwave Oven
- Built-in induction cooker
- Rice Cooker
- Electric Kettle
- Full kitchen utensils
- Clothes hamper
- Clothes/Towel rack
- Bath, hand and face towels
- Steam Iron
- Hair dryer
- Aroma Diffuser/Humidifier to set a relaxing mood
- Free Parking at first to third floor
- Swimming Pool is located at the third floor (Open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM and Closed on Monday & Thursday for maintenance)
- View Deck is at the 24th floor. Just ride the elevator going to the 23rd floor then find the exit going to 24th floor. From here, you can see the Taal Lake.
Things To Note
- You’ll have to provide a P1,000 security deposit upon check-in. This will be returned upon check-out provided that you didn’t damage anything.
- Check in is at 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM while check-out is at 12:00 noon.
What We Loved
Upon entering the Airbnb unit, all that we could utter was “wow”. The room is very well decorated down to the last detail. I felt like I wasn’t in Tagaytay anymore. Instead, I imagined the Eiffel Tower just outside the window.
Once we were well rested, we went out on a walk to see what the neighborhood was like all the while looking for a supermarket. We did find one a few minutes walk away and bought a few kilos of meat, and some snacks. It was nice that the unit had its own usable kitchen, as well as a personal refrigerator. Ryk cooked us dinner to complement the wine.
We had our dinner outside on the balcony. I was tempted to use the dinner table provided inside but the view outside was far more alluring. We watched the sun set, did a toast, finished our food, and chatted. It was somewhat a private date between Ryk and I. The highlight of that night was the view of the fireworks from one of the malls a few kilometers away. We had a front row seat. It was both beautiful and romantic.
I think I’m getting a bit carried away. So anyways, back to the French Inspired Chalet de la Memoire. The bed was so fluffy and we loved all the organic sops and shampoos included in the welcome pack. They smelled soo goood!
All throughout our stay, Ryk and I had a great time hanging out in the balcony, as well as inside the room doing some photoshoots for Wanderera and The Ryk Photography.
I booked French Inspired Chalet de la Memoire via Airbnb. Their rates vary depending on your booking dates. But the rates are usually higher during the weekends.
How To Get There
- Take a bus going to Tagaytay and ask the driver to drop you off at Olivarez, the fare is around P180+.
- From Olivarez walk going to the new Mc Donald. In front of it, you will see Tagaytay Prime Residences.
From Laguna or Batangas
- Ride a jeep heading to Calamba.
- Drop off at Turbina and ride a van going to Tagaytay just beside Jollibee. Most often, you have to wait for some time until the van has enough passengers to start.
- Ask the driver to drop you off at the new Mcdonalds. In front of the fast-food chain is the Tagaytay Prime Residences.
You might also like…
- The Happy Soul Santorini Villa: A La Bella Tagaytay Staycation
- La VeryOl’s: A Relaxing Glamping Experience in Tagaytay
- Nordic Homes Tagaytay: Instagram-Worthy Airbnb Staycation
- 7 of the Best Campsites in Tagaytay
- Weekend Getaways Near Manila : 25 Places To Visit (Plus Campsites)