Known for having cheap camping essentials, I made a mental note to see Decathlon for myself. The store is located at the Festival Mall in Alabang, Muntinlupa. Recently opened last June 2017, it has been a trending topic online with regards to outdoor gears.
The store is the first branch here in the Philippines. It’s a French company and is Europe’s top sports retailer.
When I entered Decathlon, it was like heaven. True enough, the place offers a variety of camping essentials at affordable prices. They have:
- camping lights
- quick to pitch storage area
- shower huts
- cooler bags
- isothermal flasks and containers
- tent accessories
- cooking sets
- water bottles
- mattress and camp beds
- foldable chairs
- and many more!
Just look at all this stuff! Quality camping tent for 1300 pesos? Crazy, I know but it’s true. They have all sorts of tents such as tent poles, pop up tents and inflatable tents.
All the things you need for an awesome camping trip is right here. This place is paradise. All that I could ever want was right in front of me. What made the store even more amazing is that they placed some helpful tips on how to select which type of gear is right for you. How cool is that?
Now, its not just camping essentials that are sold in Decathlon but they also have:
- Ball Sports (Badminton, Golf, Tennis, Football, Basketball, Volleyball)
- Cardio Training
- Roller Skating
- Wild Discovery
Woooah! That’s a lot of stuff. All these things are sold for adult’s and kid’s size so you don’t have to worry about your little kiddo. Decathlon has all the things you need.
And oh my gosh! I almost went crazy with this one. Bags at 150?! Are you freaking serious Decathlon? When I checked the bags, it was quality work at an affordable price.
Everything just keeps getting better. Decathlon also offers free membership for anyone who wants to join. Perks of being a member are:
- Access to the Decathlon playground
- Two-year warranty on all Decathlon products
- Personal notifications during a product recall
- Invites to Decathlon family events
- Duplicates of till receipts within two years
- A few days of free trial with the product before you buy it
- A free shopping bag for your first purchase
I almost bought a piece of each gear if it weren’t for the reminder that I had bills to pay for the month. But I swore to myself that I would return to this magical place.
I shall return with my 13th-month pay and bonus. Haha!
Check out other camping and travel guides tips here at Wanderera.
You might also like…
- The Best Camping Cookware for 2020
- 5 Of The Best Camping Pillows for 2020
- Best Travel Backpack: Top Picks for 2020
- 7 Best Family Tents To Buy For Camping Outdoors This 2020
- 5 Camping Essentials to Level Up Your Camping Experience